ERA - Case Studies
When CytoSport, manufacturer of sports-oriented nutritional products such as Muscle Milk and Cytomax, wanted to improve the health of its balance sheet, it ran with Expense Reduction Analysts (ERA). ERA industry experts reduced costs in multiple expense categories.
- Reduced a $1.15 million spend for light industrial, office and administrative temporary labor workers 13% for annual savings of $153,800.
- New provider was chosen based on its billing rate as well as past performance and quality of service.
- Saved $22,000 a year, a 29% reduction, on a $76,650 spend with a new supplier for office products, break-room supplies and stationery printing.
- ERA was able to improve on Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) pricing.
- Re-negotiated more attractive rates with incumbent provider for voice and data services, and optimized wireless plans; reduced expenses 19% on a $204,000 spend for annual savings of $38,300.
Merchant Card Fees
- Reduced a spend of $110,000 by 42% to save $46,225 annually with a new provider.
- ERA Consultants recommended changing the fee structure and provided guidance that helped to reduce interchange downgrades.
Summary of Savings
|1||Employment Services (Temp Labor)||15% - $153,800|
|2||Office Supplies||29% - $22,000|
|3||Telecommunications||9% - $38,300|
|4||Merchant Card Fees||42% - $46,225|